Monday, July 14

Meet Sr. Arroyo

Wow! This summer is going by FAST! My name is J.A. Arroyo, my family is from Puerto Rico but I have lived in Oklahoma for most of my life (we won't go into how long that has been!). I am married, have six kids, the youngest is 16 and the oldest is 28. My wife and I have ELEVEN Grandchildren! By the end of August, that number will jump to a DOZEN!






We are moving from Keller, TX to Tulsa in the next few weeks. I taught 5th Grade Math and Science in Keller last year but, well, we got too homesick and had to come back to Tulsa! So, we only lived in Texas a short time. I have my Standard Teaching Certification from Texas and I am converting that to Oklahoma certification. My Bachelor's degree comes from Regis University in Denver, CO and is in History and Spanish. I studied at St. Gregory's College in Shawnee, OK as well in Philosophy and Theology.


Once you see me, you will know that I am a bit older, you probably figured that out I am since I have so many grandchildren. I am in my fourth year of teaching, having been in Telecommunications for many years before finding my calling as a teacher. I am passionate about my family, faith and classroom.
When you first walk into my classroom, you will see some Star Trek Models. Those are my hobby. I will have them on shelves, hanging from the ceiling (as allowed) and around! That is what I do in my spare time. This summer, I have worked on the Enterprise NX-01 and finishing touches on the Galileo 7 Shuttlecraft. Follow this link to go to the Blog with pictures!

No comments:

Arroyo Model Page Headlines