Saturday, August 25

Mr. A is a TEACHER!


Meet the newest teacher at Trinity Meadows Intermediate School in Keller, Texas! After I had given up on teaching, handed it over to God and was pretty sure that the only chance that I would be in a classroom again would be after a year of Job Fairs, I was offered a job! Not just a job, but a teaching job! I will be teaching 5th grade Math and Science. As you can see by the picture above, at a Beautiful school. From my meeting my team teachers, the teachers are just as beautiful as the building, if not more so.


I received a call Wed. night from Dr. Meyers (who happens to be an Okie from OU!) to come in for an interview. I went in at 8 AM and, after calling all my references (God Bless Them!), he called to tell me he was recommending me for the job of 5th Grade Math and Science Thurs evening. However, that was not a 'done deal', it would be up to the head of Human Resources to actually make an offer. I would have to wait until 2:09 PM on Friday for that to come through.


"Would you be interested in accepting the postion at" TMIS? Of course, I had to avoid answering "DUH? Ya think?" LOL I accepted and am getting ready to go up around 9 to get my room ready and show my wife and son the room! Notice this entry is going in at 5:48 AM? Sleeping is not easy tonight! I am 'Patiently' waiting until 9 AM so Linda, Drew and I can go up and put things together in the classroom, one that has NEVER been used to teach in! WOW! A lot of work for today and tomorrow since I will have 26 or so shining faces at 7:35 AM Monday morning sitting in those desks that I have yet to unstack and arrange!

I cannot begin to express the way that prayer has influenced this in mine and my family's life. Even the school name itself, "Trinity" cannot be a mere coincidence. I am working in a school that is only 6 miles from my house! I could not have imagined such blessings, only in the mind of God. Our family has Hope, Blessings, so much to be thankful for. We have family and friends that have supported us with prayers, gifts from the heart that have all carried us through. Thank you all for what you have done and continue to do for us. I have always said that I do not deserve the multitude of blessings that God showers upon me but I am definitely, humbly, thankful for them all.

God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO PLEASED TO GET THE NEWS! LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR FIRST DAYS ARE. I KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU MUST BE TO GET THIS OPPORTUNITY TO AFFECT YOUNG PEOPLE.

I LOVE YOU,

MOM

Arroyo Model Page Headlines