Wednesday, November 19

I voted my Conscience

Well, by now we know who will be the next President of the United States, Barack Obama. He was not my choice, I do not agree with the politics he supports. He is not a man that defends life and, in fact, he will destroy life.

Our task now is to pray for his conversion, particularly for his Vice President, Joe Biden. Mr. Biden is a Catholic who should defend his Catholic values but has hidden from them. We must pray for their return to the values which God calls them to support, life. This country is special, it has been a beacon of morality for many years, a beacon of democracy. Now, we hope that this 'beacon' or 'City on a Hill' returns to the values which made her great.

Obama will be our President, we must pray for him and for our country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Cousin Ron:

I have gotten email that is, derogatory, with racial remarks regarding the next President. (No one that reads your email would know them)

I think that's sad. I would like to think we have come further as a nation toward equality than that. It's long past time, for us to put away racism, regardless of what race we are. Race makes no one better or worse than another.

On a personal note: I also voted my conscience. It had nothing to do with race or sex for that matter. It was a matter, first of all, my values. I am saddened to think many did not vote based on their conscience.

Regarding the office of President:
When I was in the service I saluted those that were in a place of authority. It was not because I agreed with them, but rather it was because of the office they held. Obama will soon be our President. The office regardless of who holds it should have our respect.

Our place:
The Bible admonished Christians to "pray for those in authority." It wasn't that their leaders were so wonderful. We are to pray that God will lead them to make the right decisions. That they will look to God for the wisdom they so greatly need.

God's place:
God is still God and he can effect these men in a dramatic, positive way if we will pray. We are never without hope. The promises are still in effect.

Cuz

Arroyo Model Page Headlines